Laiklie‘s health issues, her legs going weak, and her passing out, has slowed down to where it only happens a couple times each month instead of a couple times each week. Still, each time it happens it is scary to watch. It’s constantly changing too. We never know what to expect. In November it started happening in school with her just sitting at her desk. It happened often enough we had to tell the teachers so that they knew to send for the wheelchair and take her to the office. I was so incredibly grateful that Rhett was at the high school and usually able to go help her get from her class, to the wheelchair, to the office. I seriously don’t know what I would do without him!
There was one day I called the school to let them know she was passing out and by a tender mercy of the Lord one of her volleyball team mates happened to be the student that answered the phone. She knew just what to do having watched it during volleyball. She took the wheelchair and got her out of class. As I pulled up to the school, she’s wheeled her out to my car. Every once in a while, she would stop and very gently pick up Laiklie’s head as she passed out and then continue to push her to the car. Another day it happened in the weight room after school. There was a great big man, a soccer coach I believe, that swooped her up in his arms and carried her out to the car for me. One of the blessings that has come from all of this is the incredible people she is surrounded by. We have been blessed with the best! Complete strangers that are willing to help us get through these scary episodes. It makes me cry everytime I think about the goodness in those around us and their concern for our girl.








No comments:
Post a Comment