Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Airbnb’s

This summer I got a part-time job cleaning Airbnb’s. Since all of my kids were working full-time, there was a lot of hours I was just home alone. On one of the days I had to clean a house in Iona, I brought some of the laundry home to finish. When I went to take it back, we couldn’t get the door of the Airbnb to unlock. The door had had some issues, but we usually could get it open. This time we couldn’t! The manager of the Airbnb called the owners…they are some extremely interesting people. They were in our last ward, so we know them at least. The husband showed up (with his fake fingernails, permanent make-up, blue hair and bra) to try and help us with the door. So awkwardly uncomfortable! We couldn’t get it unlocked and so we finally were able to find a window that was open and Rhett shimmy in through it. He got the door opened with only about 30 minutes time before the guests were supposed to arrive. The owner worked on the lock on the door while I tried to hurry and finish dishes and folding the laundry. The whole situation was so, so awkward! Just minutes before the guests were supposed to arrive, the owner went into the bathroom and blew it up. Rhett and I both about died. We had to stay and wait for him to finish and leave so that I could re-clean the bathroom. The entire day will be one we never forget! Hahaha! 

 

No comments: