It is finally official - My best friend Shellee is gone. Last night just after midnight she boarded an airplane with her husband and her four beautiful children and flew across the country to her new home. I have cried alot of tears over the past weeks when I realized that ignoring the fact that she was moving wasn't going to keep her here. When Ryan and I first moved here 9 1/2 years ago Shellee was the very first person that took me in. I was her counselor in Primary for 2 years and then her counselor in YW for 3 years and then she was the primary pianist and I was the choirister for 2 years until the wards split. I cried then too. Shellee has been the one who has gotten me through the good and the bad times. She cried with me when I had my miscarriage and she cried with me when Oakley was diagnosed. She is the one that repelled down the mountain at girls camp right by my side - as scared as I was. She is the one that I would call to ask one quick question and we would talk for hours and not even realize it. I have no idea how I am going to survive without her. She just seemed to know when I needed her.
So Shellee - where ever you are...I am going to miss you like crazy!! Thanks for everything!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
11 months ago





3 comments:
I am so sorry!! It is so hard to say good bye to a friend like that! It takes some time to adjust.
Natalie, I'm sorry you are losing a friend so close to your heart. I have one in Boise and one in North Carolina, not to mention my sisters in Idaho. All I can say is hooray for the internet and cheap long distance. Not the same, but very helpful.
Nat- You still got me! (for a few more months at least)call me anytime!
Hollie
Post a Comment