Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sleeping Habits

This is Laiklies new sleeping habit. She all-of-the-sudden thinks that she needs to sleep in mom and dads bed. I do NOT allow my kids to sleep in my bed and never have unless dad is gone or they are sick. There were a few nights I slept on Oakley's floor as a little girl because of this rule and Dallin never wanted to sleep anywhere but his own bed. Rhett use to sneak into our bed once in a while, but when I woke-up enough to realize he was there he was usually asleep enough that I would take him back to his own bed. Laiklie on the other hand has been more of a fight. She has been sleeping through the night for a long time now until just lately, and the first couple nights that she woke-up I gave her milk and put her back into her bed, but now she has learned to open her door and I can't get her to stay in her bed once she has woke up. Truthfully I think I am also getting too old for this and give into her much more than I use to give into Oakley. AHHH!! I guess the lucky thing is she will usually sleep in her own room until atleast 5:30 am so she isn't in my bed very long, but look how much room she leaves me - and this was a good day!!: ) I am just looking to see if anyone else has a kid similar to her and wondering what do you do about it?

2 comments:

Nanette said...

I am so sorry Nat! Right now we are sharing a room with Doc and THAT is killing me so I can't even imagine what you are going through. I wish I could offer advice on this one but we both know I am the rookie here. I love you!

Sabra said...

Yes, I have a kid similar....BUT DON'T ASK ME! Hunter has ALWAYS wanted to sleep with us. He still wakes up every night and gets in bed with us. I rarely notice because I am so used to it! And when I do notice, I am too exhausted to get up and take him to his own room. Lately the bed is so squishy that Hunter sleeps on the floor in our room.
I never let Madison in my bed because I don't want the same problem! Luckily she is a great sleeper!
GOOD LUCK!