
This is my pathetic wannabe flowerbed. I have one on each side of my front stairs. The little old lady that lived here before us had some great big shrub type bushes that were filled with spiders and were taking over, so last spring we pulled them out and decided that we were going to tear out these stairs and build a deck here...those plans are still just plans.:( So last summer it was the sandbox and I have a"goal" of improving my yard this summer. It may not be great, but anything is better than it is now.

So, you can't see them very well, but I spent all afternoon planting flowers in these flowerbeds and the cute little pot by the door. Like I said -
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! I know these may not be beautiful to anybody but me, but they are 100% better than the sandbox it was before. Now on to the next project - mowing the lawn, weeding around the fence, spraying the weeds...the list goes o-n a-n-d o-n!!:)
4 comments:
Those will be so nice! I love summer, but it sure takes a lot of time to kept up with the yard work doesn't it.
I love the Lagoon pictures. Do the rest of your kids have strep?
Hope not.
When Kim and I first got married and moved up Medicine Lodge, little critters would eat all my flowers that I planted. So I "planted" plastic flowers! Then the slimy little suckers ate those! So I get a little emotional whenever I see flowers, so I 'behold' great beauty in your flowerbeds. Nice job!
Go sis! I am too embarassed to post a photo of my flowerbed. Just weeds and grass. Sigh. Are they petunias? They smell nice as well.
I think they will be beautiful! I can't wait to see them up close and personal!
Post a Comment