Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lagoon

On Saturday Oakley got to compete at the National Clogging Championship at Lagoon.Of course this all happens at a terrible time of year for Ryan so here are me and my four kids being brave all alone at the "big and crazy" Lagoon. Luckily I was only there for about an hour when my in-laws showed up to help. I am so grateful they came because we had 3 costume changes to do and it would have been me dragging all 4 kids back and forth each time. Plus keeping track of all 4 alone in the crowds would have been a nightmare. I couldn't have done it without them!!
Oakley is the one in the blue. I wanted a picture that had the National Championship and the Lagoon sign in it to prove WE WERE THERE!

So, we rode the rides, clogged Oakley's little heart out, enjoyed the sun and all we came home with was a fever, and ear infection and strep throat. :( After we had been there for a couple hours Rhett got a fever and spent the rest of the day miserable in the stroller. For being sick he was a good little trooper. We pulled in our driveway at 7:30 pm...I sent Oakley, Dallin and Laiklie into the house with their dad and Rhett and I ran to the doctor. He is doing SO MUCH better now though - but, the sad news is...all 4 kids shared a water bottle all day that day so I am sure him being sick is just the beginning!

*I just got an email from Oakley's clogging teacher and I guess the girls got two 1st places - one with a perfect 10 score - and one 2nd place. They are good little dancers.:)

5 comments:

Heather said...

You are a brave woman! The things we do for our kiddos. Congrats on the first and second place awards. That is so exciting for Oakley!

Jenny said...

Yeah!!! So great to hear about their scores! And sorry about little Rhett, I was worried about him when you left my place. It was so great to see you and your kids!

Nanette said...

What a great thing for Oakley to do! I am so proud of her and I know she will have great memories of the experience.
You are very much a SuperMom!!! I am proud of you as well!

Stephanie Bean said...

That is so awesome for Oakley! Tell her congratulations! Hope Rhett get's feeling better soon.

AmyJo Denise said...

Hooray for Oakley!!!
Congrat's On the places!!!

...yeah. I remember the theme park days...ha ha. It definitely takes a SuperMom(i.e. you) to handle all that!!!