Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The New Room

So this is what we have been working on the past 2 days...and as you can see from "no curtains" that we are still not quite finished. We are close enough to being finished though that we thought we could reveal the "New Bedroom!"We only painted the Hot Pink. The baby pink walls were already that color. We left two walls baby pink and did two hot pink and took down every "Princess" item that we had hanging.
I know you are all asking yourself if we LOVE the Cheetah Girls because of the poster...we do not LOVE the Cheetah Girls - but Oakley does like them and since we got the Cheetah Girl bedding extremely cheap (comforter $12, Sheets $5) we decided to get the poster to match.

And this is my very favorite part of the new bedroom - I love where the two walls meet because of the two colors, and I also love the vinyl flowers that have jewel centers, but how can you NOT love that picture of my sweet girl. It is actually old and we need to update it, but it looks so stinking cute with her new wall color and flowers.:)
Oh - and to answer a few more questions I am sure you are all asking...the lines in the wall are because her room was that nice wood panelling. We are glad to be rid of that!! And the wood bed is a gift that I recieved from a boy at college for my 19th birthday - no we did not pay hundreds of dollars for it! And yes, the boy was extremely old (40's) so the bed was as far as that went.:) Thank goodness!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the color! I also love that awesome, cha-cha comforter! And I am grinning about your funny bed explanation. :)Good job, sis!

Nanette said...

I was wondering when she would tire of the princesses. Looks great, can't wait to see it in person!

Sabra said...

I love it! We must think a lot alike! I tried painting on Madison's walls that exact design of flowers with a stencil. (it didn't work that great, so I painted over it) I could not believe it when I looked at your blog and saw that is what you did! CRAZY! So did you make the vinyl flowers yourself with your machine? They look so cute!!!

AmyJo Denise said...

I love it!!! It's perfect! I have to say the flowers are definitely my favorite part!!!

Matthew & Michael are telling my parents that they need to grow up...so this summer they will be rennovating their room too!

AmyJo Denise said...

or at least claning out. ha ha.

Leslie McAllister said...

She is so lucky Im jealous!I cant wait to see it!