Monday, July 6, 2009

Jacobson Family Vacation


We just had our "Jacobson Family Vacation" over the 4th of July weekend and had a BLAST!! We had my parents, my 5 siblings and spouses and all 24 grandchildren there. My husband and my sister's husband are farmers and didn't make it for the full vacation - which...I guess after 10 years of this I am getting use to that.:( We did some picnicing, fishing, rafting, scrapbooking, BBQing, parading and fireworking and lots of late night chatting.
It is times like these that remind me to continually pray that we can all be together forever. My parents have always had a family motto of: NO EMPTY CHAIRS! Meaning that we want everyone of us there in the celestial kingdom. There are SO MANY of us now that we completely fill my parents house to over flowing, and it is usually as loud as a stadium, but I look around and can't imagine our family being the same if we weren't all there. I am SO BLESSED to have amazing parents, and brothers and sisters that are the very best example to me, and these nieces and nephews that I could just eat up.
THIS IS WHAT LIFE...AND ETERNITY ARE ALL ABOUT!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen.

Penny said...

It sure looks like fun! You have the best family...by the way. Where is oh dear I forgot his name, Kim calls him Goot? I thought that he was in Montana, I just don't know where.