Today is the first of many emotional days with my "baby."
Laiklie is now a SUNBEAM!
Last night as we drove to Artic Circle for ice cream (Rhett's reward for trying a green bean) I announced to Ryan that our baby was going to Sunbeams tomorrow and that I might cry about it. He asked Laiklie if her being a big Sunbeam was making her mommy cry? She answered, "because..........I will hold her hand" and then she reached her soft little hand toward the front of the car to hold mine. Talk about melt my heart!!
A few years ago when Ry and I were talking about whether or not we were going to have more babies we kept talking about moving on to the "fun stage of life." The "fun stage" does not involve packing a carseat around, strollers or diaperbags. I have realized that I truly am in that "fun stage."
So, do I miss having a baby at my house? I miss the tininess of babies, baby breath, baby soft hair and their little fingers and toes. I don't miss however, teething, diaper changes, waking-up 4 and 5 times IN THE SAME NIGHT. There are good and bad about both. It was so nice to be able to send my baby to nursery so that I actually got something out of going to church, but, then it was always nice to have a crying baby as an excuse as to why I had to leave somewhere I didn't want to be.:)
There are somethings that come with babies that I hold on to and can't seem to let go of. Yes,.....I do still put baby lotion on my 9, 7, 5 and 3 year old. I do still have a cupboard full of sippy cups. I have a crib, carseat, walker, bouncer, bassinet, playpen and 2 coffin size buckets of baby clothing still in my house. For some reason it is too hard to get rid of them yet.
It is hard to watch our children grow, but truthfully I wouldn't have it any other way. As I stood in the hall just outside of the primary room today with my head peaking around the door frame I saw my sweet little 3 year old carrying on a complete conversation with the only other 3 year old girl in our ward and I was blown away that she even knew how to do that. I LOVE watching them grow and learn and develop, and I guess if I have to hold onto a crib and baby lotion them all along the way that is okay too!!

I LOVE you my little Sunbeam!





3 comments:
I cried today too as my little Jace went into sunbeams, but for a completely DIFFERENT reason......IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!!!! hopefully with time it will get better!!! :)
That is it! I'm going to skip ahead to the fun stage!!!
Cute Seth went too. I guess it was uneventful, as no one came to find me! :)
Post a Comment