On Saturday I decided it was once again time to move the furniture in Laiklie's and my room. I started in Laiklie's and at some point Ryan came in to talk to me and asked why there was money in Laiklie's cold air return. Well, DUH! Laiklie's entire 3 year life has been devoted to cramming things where they don't belong!! So he started in on that cold air return and then moved to the one in our room and the living room. He also noticed that the air purifier made a "jingling" sound as he moved it so he turned it upside down and dumped two handfuls of money out of it.
After the cold air returns he moved onto our heater vents. We have these nice big ones because of our Olden' day house. Out of this vent he dug - an entire case of wipes that she had one by one shoved into it....to the point no heat was coming out of it. We wondered why the living room was so cold all the time. He also dug out the "white comb" that has been missing for who knows how long and I think 5 pencils.
So, after cleaning out all the vents/cold air returns and air purifier we had two big ziploc bags FULL of change. Ryan and I ran to town to have it counted.....ya, we had a grand total of $67.00 in change that Laiklie had stashed away. What a little STINKER! Now, if we could just find her DVD stash that WE KNOW SHE HAS SOMEWHERE!!





10 comments:
That is hilarious! I think you should take the whole family out to pizza with the money. :)
That is so funny!!!!!!!! Glad to read that other kids do stuff like that and not just mine. But that is a TON of change!!! Ha!
Wow that's a nice little bundle of money she collected!!
She'll stash chocolate as a teenager, but hopefully she'll know not to do it in the heat registers then! :)
Holy smokes that awesome!!! Saving early :). Thats a good characteristic! aha Love your fam!
So FUNNY! She's just putting it away for a rainy day isn't she? Emily has been talking about playing with Rhett everyday for the last week. Time for a playdate!
That is crazy! lol. I would put it all away for her and save the story for later. :) Reminds me of all the binkies we've lost over the years. We were sure when we moved we'd find them all. But no, we found NOT A ONE. insane. lol
That is awesome!! Smart Girl to start her college savings early! haha! that is truly hilarious I will be laughing about it all night.
That's too funny. I can't believe how much change you found!
$67.00 oh my goodness!!!! I cannot believe that! What a little character!! Good thing she is SO STINKIN CUTE!!!!
Post a Comment