I am not gonna lie to you,..........there are so many days that I complain about being a farmer/ranchers wife. Like, the days when I feel the pressure of owing the bank more money than I know is possible to make in one year, or the days that we are all loading in the car and Ryan is FINALLY going somewhere with us and we get a phone call that the cows are out at the ranch and once again me and 4 children load up and go alone, or the days when I get a phone call that I need to go change his water because he is stuck working on a broke-down tractor.....my list could go on and on! But......there are also days like today when I drive over to pick-up one of my babies from "going to work with their daddy" (which they LOVE) and see this:
I know why it is that Ryan doesn't want a desk job. How could anyone want a desk job when they could spend the day in a tractor right here under these beautiful mountains with the option of taking one of their kids to work??
(Look close and you can see Lu waving!)
Ryan amazes me as to how hard he works. There are more nights than I like to count that I go to bed only to wake-up to him finally coming home around 3 am and then wake again to his alarm going off at 5 am for him to head back out. I have old men in the ward comment all the time on the crops Ryan raises and how they would give their left and right arms to raise a crop like his. He is REALLY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES! This year has been a little different than most because all the workers are stretched out to the max because we are missing Senovio more than ever. I never knew one guy could make such a difference. It makes it hard for Ryan going to work every day without him and my kids miss seeing him pull in and out of here too.
We are so blessed to be able to do what Ryan loves to do. What a blessing it is for our kids to grow-up in a place where they learn to work hard and enjoy the outdoors. Like I said, I complain alot, but at the same time I am counting my blessings as Ryan once again jumps in the tractor for another round!





4 comments:
What an absolutely lovely post Nat, thank you for sharing this. I feel the same way about what my husband does. I do not love a lot of things but he amazes me every day with what he can do.
The life of a baker isn't too much different. When we owned our bakery, there were insanly long hours, never knowing when he would be home, when he would be leaving, or even when he would be awake when he was home. But he was following his passion. Our life is So much different now that my husband closed the business and became a sales rep for a bakery supply company. He visits bakerys every day and somedays rolls up his sleeves and bakes along side his customers. I know the passion your husband must have to do what he does...and I KNOW how hard it is to support that, because I have SO been there! But thankfully we can count our blessings, and there are so many of them it is overwhelming!
Very nice. Very true. You have a great man, sis. He has a great wife. Love you both!
The lifestyle of a rancher is not an easy one, but those little moments like in your pictures make it all worth it! You hit the nail on the head with that post.
Post a Comment