This is Rhett's kindergarten class. I had the opportunity to do the Physical Fitness program with them every Friday this year. Also, about 1/2 way through the year one of the other moms that helped on Friday could no longer help so I got to step into her place and got to do school work with them also. I got to know these sweet kindergartners very well and LOVED being in their classroom.
This is a little bit of a close up of Rhett in the line-up. It is a little blurry, but you can see that cute little best friend Raeg right behind him. :) I told you they kinda like each other!! This is Oakley (in the Red t-shirt) playing twister with some of the girls in her class. I was the twister caller - you can see my leg on the left - and had NO VOICE by the time I was done yelling twister calls for 2 hours over the super loud 4-6th graders.
More twister. They spray painted it on the grass. SUPER GREAT IDEA!, but the circles were REALLY far apart and they seriously had to do the splits to reach them. Poor kids!
On the last day of school we had the awards assembly. This is Rhett and his Physical Fitness award. Our elementary is 17 time state champion in Physical Fitness because we have from kindergarten - 6th grade participate in the program. We work once a week all year so it gives as many children the opportunity to get the Presidential award as possible. I really stressed to all 3 classes that I worked with (all 3 of my kids classes) that Presidential, National, or just Participant DOES NOT MATTER.....it is doing their VERY BEST that does matter. I was SO PROUD of all of them no matter what award they got.Dallin and his award.
This is Oakley and her awards. She not only got the Physical Fitness award, but Oakley's teacher Mr. Stones got up and the first awards he started with were the Citizenship awards. He explained that for the Citizenship awards this year he picked kids that were totally selfless and very willing to help anyone around them and always trying to be kind to others and never thought of themselves.....the very first child he announced was my sweet little Oakley. Selfless fits her to a T!
This is Oakley and her teacher Mr. Stones.
He was an amazing teacher and the reason she loved this past school year. This was Mr. Stones last year teaching at our school because he is moving to Arizona. After the awards assembly he gathered all the kids in his classroom and had a little heart-to-heart with them. I happened to be one of the moms in the classroom to pick-up Oakley diabetic supplies to take home and got to witness this little heart-to-heart. Mr. Stones cried, the kids cried....some bawled....the moms cried. It was very touching. He truly loved this class and they loved him. Oakley cried most of the afternoon. It was heartbreaking. He will be missed!
Then, to finish off the night of the last day of school we had pack meeting. It was the BIKE RODEO! The weather was HORRIBLE and we FROZE!, but of course all the little 8-10 yr old boys didn't know that! :) This is D running the obstacle course. He had to borrow Rhett's bike because of a popped tube on his. He did great and had a blast! I sure love that he has the opportunity to be in scouts.
So, NOW WHAT???? A super fun summer!! We can't wait to get started!





2 comments:
Your kids have grown so much this year! Congrats on finishing it out, classroom helping and all!
Great teachers are so rare! What a sad thing to lose one.
Happy summer!!! I am counting down the days till I get to come see you!
Post a Comment