Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Parade Day

We had one of our local parades on Saturday and Oakley and Rhett participated in it with their clogging teams.

It took the parade FOREVER to start.....so, this is Laiklie and I, just chillin'!
This is Oakley (in the middle with bandanna) dancing on the float. I was yelling her name and she obviously couldn't see me! :)


Afterwards their dance groups got to dance at the park as part of the afternoon entertainment. This is Rhett (cow) and Laiklie's group doing their Old McDonald dance. It was perfect for a small town parade and rodeo.

This is our shy little sheepy, Laiklie. She is the one on the left.

That night I took the kids to the rodeo. I am just sayin'.....it was the most lame rodeo we have been to yet!! The speaker system didn't work, so they were almost 2 hours late starting.....then we had to sit an hour through all the Rodeo Queen announcements because they were suppose to do that an hour before the rodeo started. There were NO bull riders.....only one saddle bronc rider and only two bareback riders....and one of them had the horse he ride break its leg. So, the highlight of the rodeo was the little mutton busters! We may have to try to hit another - hopefully better - rodeo before too long.

2 comments:

Nanette said...

If you can find a rodeo going on while I'm out there-I would LOVE to take my kids along. I want them to see the bull riders so bad!
Sorry it was lame but at least your kids were all adorable!

Jenny said...

Sorry about the lame rodeo! I remember going to one with 1 bull ride and being extremely bummed. Your kids are sure cute!