Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fun + a little Drama

This week for FHE we decided to take our kids to the museum to see Sue the Dinosaur. This picture's lighting is HORRIBLE....but you can see the big dinosaur skull behind them. They thought the dinosaur exhibit was great.
They also liked all the regular stuff at the museum as well. Here they are being 4 little indians. :)
And here is Oakley driving the bus - hope there are no garages around to crash into. HA, HA! She might not think that is as funny as I do. :)
And for the drama part of the post.....
Well, I painted my living room on Monday....
I hated it...
So...
I painted again on Tuesday... The pale green (on the right) - we call it celery - is what I painted Monday. It was fine in the day light, but at night it seriously looked like celery. It was horrible! So I repainted on Tuesday the green on the left - we call it cow manure. I am still a little hesitant about how I feel about it. I LOVE it in the afternoon sunshine, but at night it is kinda looking like a Christmas tree threw-up on the walls. Hmmm....not sure what to do. I am leaving it for now until my sister comes on Saturday to give me her opinion. Until then NOBODY is invited over to my house! So please neighbors STAY AWAY!!
And....if that isn't enough drama we have more. When Oakley was 5 years old we took her in for kindergarten shots - no big deal - well, until it was a big deal. After getting her tetanus shot her arm swole up HUGE and got hot and red and hurt like crazy for days. The doctor told me it was semi-normal but not normal-normal to react like that and thought she would be good to have the tetanus again when she was older. Oakley was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes just 6 months later. I have had several doctors tell me that it is NOT related.....try telling my gut that though. My gut doesn't agree with the doctors!
So on Tuesday I took Laiklie in for her kindergarten shots - she did AMAZING!! - and Oakley in for her "new" jr. high shots that our state now requires. One of the shots was the tetanus and we decided to go ahead and try to give it to her again. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!! Same reaction! Swollen, hot, red SOOO SUPER SORE arm!! We are on day 3 of it now and have dealt with ALOT of tears. It breaks my heart! I guess we know now that we only do tetanus in an emergency type situation. It has caused alot of unwanted, unneeded drama at my house this week! Hopefully next week is better. I am not sure though...I might be painting! :)

3 comments:

Sabra said...

I got on my blog to post my dinosaur pictures and what do you know!! You posted some today too!

My pictures didn't turn out that great either because of the lighting.
But the museum was fun!

Sad about the shots :(

I had to snicker about the paint situation! Its so hard to know! Good luck.

Nanette said...

The green is really gutsy of you-let me know how it turns out!
POOR Oakley!!!! YUCK!
That makes me sad.

Bobbi said...

oh fun painting dilemmas. lol. Hate it when it doesn't quite turn out like you'd hoped. I did a green in my last house that I loved. It's called Caraway by Behr. You can get on their website and check it out. It might be the shade you are looking for. :)

Sorry about the shot drama. No fun at all. :(