Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas 2012

The batteries in my camera were dead this year so I decided I would just use my phone for pictures.  They all turned out fuzzy and grainy.  BUMMER! I wish I would have known and I totally would have just changed the batteries in my camera.  I guess I learned my lesson!
 Tree and Stockings

 Here they come!!  This Christmas was the year of the Throw-Ups! Laiklie threw-up on Christmas Eve and Rhett went to bed that night with a bowl.  It was a "tender mercy of the Lord" that we had ZERO throw-ups on Christmas day.  Rhett did end up throwing up the next day....but Christmas day was SICKNESS FREE!!
 Checking out the stockings.  Dallin was stoked about the Ucon t-shirt!
 Rhett is my Diary of a Wimpy Kid kid.  He got a hat, shirt, book, puzzle and with a gift card from grandma Hawkins bought the new movie.  He is loving it all.
 Laiklie thought these jammies win the prize.  She LOVED having matching jammies with her doll.  I also made matching quilts for her and the doll that turned out super cute too. 
 Dallin tore into Christmas.  He opened, I swear, 3 presents to everyone else's 1 present and then just had to sit around and watch everyone else finish opening.  He was SO EXCITED to just get them all opened!
 Oakley was a hard one/easy one to shop for this year.  She was hard in the fact I wanted to get her something fun....but didn't know what you get a 12 year old that is "fun."  She was easy though that she wanted clothes and curling irons and make-up.  All the stuff that is easy to shop for and buy.  She was happy with everything she got.
For those of you that know me you know that my house VERY RARELY looks like this.  I HATE messes and can't sit in them.  You will be happy to know that my house looked like this for 2 days.....TWO DAYS!! We kind of just pushed things to the side and pulled them out to play when we wanted to.  It was great!  You can see (if you look hard) Laiklie crashed on the floor still not feeling 100% from throwing-up the day before.  It took her about 1/2 the day Christmas day to finally perk up.  I HATE the stomach flu!!
Other than throw-ups and some sad news on Ryan's side of the family - His sweet Aunt Wendy passed away at the beginning of last week and we have a funeral at the end of this week for her - we had a great Christmas and LOVE celebrating the Saviors birth together as a family.

No comments: