I am going to print my 2012 blog book in a few days and I haven't posted about one of the big things that happened in our lives this year and so I need to hurry and get it posted so it is included in the book.
This year Ryan decided he NEEDED (he REALLY had to talk to convince me he NEEDED) a pivot. So in the spring we started tearing things apart. We filled in ditches.....made new ditches...dug trenches....pulled out trees....tore down and relocated sheds...laid pipe and electrical wire......and built new roads. It was A VERY LONG process with ALOT of work included.
I took a few before pictures on Ryan's phone and never got them transferred to the computer. So these are end of the year pictures after the grain was cut and baled even. We have a HUGE field now that produced a fabulous crop for the first year. Ryan LOVED that he could just go out and push a button and the field watered itself. :) I LOVED that his back didn't hurt near as bad this summer because he only had 1/2 the water to change.
He has LOVED having a pivot. I REALLY try to avoid anything that has to do with pivot bills....or power bills...because it SERIOUSLY makes me sick to my stomach. But Ryan is happy so I am happy!
This might just be my FAVORITE picture of all of 2012. This is Dallin (left) and JD (right) helping unload the grain truck. I LOVE their little bums hanging over the side. What a blessing to raise my kids on a farm!





No comments:
Post a Comment