This calving season we had two little calves whose mommies didn't want to take care of them. We think they were both twins (not of each other) and the mom cows only took one baby each. The kids have been bottle feeding them since they were born. Just after Christmas one of them got sick and died. Sad! But we have this other little baby that Dallin has kind of claimed as his own and has taken on the job of feeding him daily after school. This is one of the parts of living on a farm that I LOVE! It is NEVER a bad thing to teach a kid how to work!
Dallin got the stomach flu this past Thursday night and all day Friday, so when Rhett got home from school Friday Dallin asked him to go feed for him. He wanted a little company and I wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing so I tagged along. My little Rhett knew just what he was doing! He has watched big brother closely and mixed the milk perfect!
Here is our cute little baby that the kids all love. He has stayed small while all the other calves seem to grow like crazy. I think the kids love him more because he is so small.
The wind was blowing LIKE CRAZY Friday when we headed out to feed and it was COLD so we were hurrying, but I did happen to catch this cute little smile on camera. The story behind it isn't super appropriate, but it was so funny I wanted to record it.
Our dog Remi likes to go out and chase the calves when the kids go out to feed this little calf. He followed us out this day and decided to go poop right in the big cow poop pile and Rhett happened to see what was going on. All the sudden Rhett died laughing and said, "Remi is doing the litter box!!" Covering it like a cat does is apparently called "the litter box!" Ha, ha! I LOVE his smile! It melts my heart every time!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment