Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Science Fair 2014

The science fair is NOT, NOT, NOT my favorite!! I hate it even more when the teachers require it! So.....I have learned to not stress about it.  The ribbons aren't the most important part.  The fact that we participate, the kids have an experiment that they loved doing and a good grade for participating is way more important than stress and a 1st place. :) So we keep it nice and simple around here!
ICE TUNNELS
 Dallin and Nathan - they found this experiment online and LOVED doing it.
 A little salt + ice + food coloring = ICE TUNNELS!
The science fair wasn't required for Laiklie this year, but she REALLY wanted to do a project.  When I saw the cup telephone online I decided that was PERFECT for a 1st grader.
 All we needed was cups, string and a friend on the other end! Perfect!
 Ava and Laiklie LOVED doing this together! :)

 Rhett has NEVER had the science fair be a requirement, but he has BEGGED every year to do it.  He absolutely loves every part of the science fair....the experiment, the poster, the friend....he loves it all! This year he wanted to do it with Raegan again and she had already decided to do colored roses.  So he just joined in. :) They spent several days working (or playing really) on it!

No comments: