Around the middle of the summer after our last kitty got hit on the road I took the kids to get a few new free kitties. They brought home two that they loved. One of the little ones took off just a few days after we got them. I'm guessing it wondered, got lost and didn't know how to get home. The other one, named Rocko, stuck around for the kids to love.
In September we noticed that Rocko had a funny lump on his side and since he had already proven himself a mouser even as tiny as he was Ryan had me run him to the vet. (Which is absolutely unheard of! Ryan hates cats!! Even the vet knows that and asked me if Ryan knew I was there with a CAT?!) They ended up having to do surgery on an abscess. After surgery we had to keep him in the house for a few days and all the sudden he thought he was an inside cat. This little stinker is SO FAST and can be in the house before we even know it. He also climbs into about everything he can including vehicles. He rode all over the farm making about 7 stops in the back of Ryan's truck one day without Ryan knowing. The beginning of November he disappeared for a few days and had me worried. I was subbing for the secretary at the elementary school when I got a call in the office from Laiklie's teacher. All she said was that she needed me to come to her classroom for a minute and hung-up. So I got my friend Hollie who was just walking into the office to watch the phones and I ran down to the 3rd grade room. When I walked in Mrs. Lambertsen said, "I think I have something that might be yours." She searched around the desks and kids for a second and pulled out OUR CAT! WHAT?! How did this dumb kitty cat get 2 miles down the road and end up at the school? I thought maybe he had rode with me, but he had been missing for 2 days before I ever went to the school. So I have no idea how he got there. Mrs. Lambertsen saw him out on the playground where some kids were kicking him so she let him into her classroom and as her kids came in from lunch she tried to hand him to the school counselor to take care of when Laiklie told her, "Mrs. Lambertsen......I think that is my cat." She was right! I'm glad she spoke up so he could come home with us, and I am glad my sweet friend Hollie was willing to drive him home for me. (She is NOT an animal lover! Worse than I am even! hahaha)
Since being home he has been back to his sneaky ways. One night we got a video text from Oakley with him snuggled up around her head in her bed. Another night we sat down as a family to play a card game and in the middle of our card game there was the dumb cat walking through us playing. He is a sneaky little sucker, but a good mouser and we love the darn thing. Glad he is home!





No comments:
Post a Comment