If today had to have a title it would be "The Day We Had To Shoot A Beaver Before Church."
Dallin got a trail camera for his birthday about a month ago and he and Rhett put it out on a tree in the dry canal behind the house to see if they could get any pictures of deer. So far he has gotten a picture of his thumb, the dog and a bird. Hahaha! He told me one day last week he saw beaver tracks out there when he went to check his camera. I kinda didn't believe him but acted like I did....you know, being a good mom.:) Then a couple days ago he came running in to tell me that he went to check his camera and saw the beaver. They scared each other it sounds like. So Ryan called the trapper and Dallin set up his trail camera on the bottom of a tree trunk to try and get some pictures. He actually got SEVERAL pictures of this little beaver working all night long that night.
Two days later the trapper shows up with his trap and that night Dallin discovers from his camera there are TWO beavers. What we thought was one was actually two. So this morning about 8:15ish Dallin (in his church clothes) heads out to check the trap and finds one of the beaver caught in it, but only caught by his hips and just laying there suffering. We text Ryan who is already in church meetings and he tells me to have Dallin call the trapper. So Dallin calls the trapper and explains the situation and the trapper says he is several hours from being able to come so to just "shoot it in the head!" WWHHAATT??!! He tells my THIRTEEN YEAR OLD to shoot it in the head! AHHHH!!! So I called Uncle Dale and he said he could be here in about 30 mins. When I got off the phone with Dale, Dallin says to me, "Mom I've got this." So Dallin, his gun, and his trusty sidekick 11-year old Rhett head out to shoot the beaver in the head with their mom yelling out the door behind them "DON'T GET ANY BLOOD ON YOUR CHURCH CLOTHES!"
Dallin says he shot it the first time, "And I think I missed its brain mom because it just started flopping around, so I shot it again. Two times." Anyway....between my two little boys they got the job done. By this time we are 20 minutes late for church and as we walk in the only bench open is the front row, OF COURSE! Welcome to a day in the life of the Hawkins, The Day We Had To Shoot A Beaver Before Church! Just another one for the record books. ;)





No comments:
Post a Comment