Thursday, February 4, 2016

"Mom, We are Stuck!"

 PHONE CALL
Dallin: Hi mom, Rhett and I got the 4-wheeler stuck in Luella's field.
Me (babysitting 2 of the neighbors babies): Did you call your dad?
Dallin: No, dad will be mad at us!
Me (knowing that he is right): Bud, I'm in the middle of watching these babies.
Dallin: Mom! We've even tried to use boards to get out. (He is such a smart kid. He has watched his dad closely growing up on a farm and knows all the tricks. So Proud!)
As I'm on the phone the baby girl tips over and her headful of hair lands in Oakley's just newly painted hot pink toenail polish.
Me: I've gotta go Dallin. (More yelled than anything!)
After scrubbing the baby girls hair with fingernail polish remover and then washing it so she wasn't the stinky kid when her mom picked her up, I left the babies with Oakley and Laiklie and grabbed a garden hoe (couldn't find the shovel) and headed to get the boys unstuck.
They had the sled behind the 4-wheeler and had tried to go up over the dike in the deep, deep snow.  It was quite the hike from where I could park my suburban and my hoe wasn't a great help, but it was all I had. I worked until I was sweating and then after a few attempts and using the boards Dallin had tried earlier and a little team work we were successful.
 
This is a terrible picture of me.  You can kinda see the tracks where they were stuck in the background, but we had to do a quick Snow Crew Selfie. :) I love these two little knuckleheads.

No comments: