Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Yellowstone

This year on Labor Day we decided to ditch the fair which is what we usually do and after talking REALLY HARD I convinced Ryan to take us to Yellowstone.  It was a fun, one day mini family vacation.  It was freezing up there, but we had a good time.

 These few elk and about 2 of the nastiest looking buffalo you've ever seen are all the animals we saw that day.  Such a bummer.  We weren't in the park for much other than a few hot pots and Old Faithful so I guess we can't complain. We did a little shopping in West Yellowstone too.  Fun!

 Oh I love these 4.  They are definitely what I live for.  Being a mom is all I ever wanted to be.  I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for making that a reality.



 It was so cold and it was kind of raining when we got to Old Faithful so we went in the visitors center and kind of decided to just watch it go off from inside.  Ryan talked us into going out to watch it and as we were freezing waiting for it to go off I said, "Whose idea was it to come out here to watch this?" and Ryan answered, "The guy who has never seen it before." WHAT?!?! Ryan had NEVER been to Old Faithful!! I had no idea!! He was a little disappointed that it wasn't as big as the hype of it, but I was so glad we had gone!
 We decided to leave the park and stop at Mesa Falls on our way home.  It has been several years since we have taken the kids there and we thought it might be a fun place to stop. It was gorgeous!






 We took the back way from Mesa into Ashton.  What a beautiful drive.  We decided to make a quick stop at the Ashton cemetery to see Ryan's grandma and grandpa.  I love cemeteries and making the past come to life for our kids.  It was fun to stop and talk about this sweet grandpa and grandma that neither the kids or I have ever met.  We had a great day together.  A few hours in Oakley was asking how much longer we were going to be there.  She apparently had met her max amount of time she could handle with the family.  Hahaha! Ryan and I drug it out for as long as possible. ;) Sure love this little family of mine!


No comments: