The morning of Jan 27th I woke up at 3:30am to the kitchen light flipping on only to find Oakley in the kitchen with low blood. This is the number I saw on the meter!! TWENTY NINE!!
SCARY LOW!!!
I handed her a juice box and told her to guzzle it. She then asked if I would make her a peanut butter sandwich. While I was making her sandwich she got up to walk to the garbage and I kind of got mad at her and told her to sit back down! I didn't want her to pass out! When she finished her sandwich she asked if she could have a piece of licorice if she did insulin for it. I told her, "Oakley, Your blood is 29, we aren't doing insulin for ANYTHING!" She looked at me funny and said, "Mom, my blood is 62. I wondered why you were freaking out!"
Same meter, same reading, just one of us was reading it upside down! 29 is WAY DIFFERENT than 62! Apparently my eyes don't work at 3:30am. Glad she was okay! Definitely a good scare!





No comments:
Post a Comment