Monday, January 27, 2020

Stuck


We got a few inches of super wet snow yesterday evening after church. Oakley's friend Lauren came to grab something for Oakley and got stuck in the driveway, so I knew it was bad. It was slush on top of ice which isn't a good combo. Rhett made it to school fine this morning, but when he got home after cheer for his online class he came in to tell me he was stuck. I looked out the window and could tell it wasn't bad, but the tires on the Honda are terrible so we waited for Ryan to come help us. Ryan and I weren't able to push it out (just too slick) so Ryan threw the floor mat under the tire and got in to drive. He went back and forth over and over again and I could see he was getting more and more frustrated as he tried. He finally was able to back up but for some reason (Rhett and I still have no idea what he was doing/thinking) he didn't stop and turned the wheel right into my new lawn where he not only got stuck again, WORSE, but also tore the front bumper right off the car. Yikes!
So Rhett headed back to school in my suburban while Ryan and I got the car pulled out and put in the garage to get fixed hopefully this evening. What a mess! Seriously there is always something!




No comments: