This happened the other day and I didn't want to forget about it....so onto the blog it goes!
Dallin is in 1st grade this year and so he is new to the whole reading & writing thing. His teacher encourages them to spell how it sounds...so like school could be spelled skool for example. Dallin doesn't like doing this at home however and wants things to be spelled the correct way. So, the other day he is sitting on the couch by Laiklie with a tablet in one hand and a pen in the other and they were together writing a story about a birthday party. He would randomly ask how to spell words like, party, invited or a cousins name. After about 20 minutes of writing he says, "Mom, how do you spell gunoo??" GUNOO....my poor little 7 year old thought that gunoo really was a word. Like I'm gunoo go feed the cows, or are we gunoo go to town today?? Ryan and I laughed SO HARD. I had to explain to him that gunoo isn't really a word and that it is really "going to." What hicks we are that we speak with words like GUNOO!!
Welcome to Idaho!





4 comments:
I love it! Laughing too!
Hey I still think it's a word!! :)
LOL, I love it!!
Ha ha! This is my first time seeing your blog. I love it. We have so much in common. This post cracked me up! Cute family!
Post a Comment