I have been thinking lately alot about the church; about its teachings, about its truthfulness, and about sharing it.
I KNOW the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is TRUE! I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that it is TRUE! In this months Ensign the 1st Pres. message was by our LIVING prophet President Thomas S. Monson and he said -
"If we do not have a deep foundation of faith and a solid testimony of truth, we may have difficulty withstanding the harsh storms and icy winds of adversity which inevitably come to each of us."
I have faith, and I have a testimony of the truth. No,.....I didn't hear a voice telling me the church was true, No....I didn't see an angel or have a vision that told me, and No....I didn't get to have one of those really cool experiences on a mission where I found out. I guess, I am one of the LUCKY ONES that didn't need that. I just KNOW! I know when we live the teachings of the gospel it is the one and only way we can find REAL HAPPINESS!! I know it will truly be the thing that gets us through the bumpy times in this life!!
So,.....when I can see others struggling and know that they don't have this wonderful knowledge that I have WHY is it so hard for me to share it with them?? I love this gospel and its teachings SO MUCH and I want everyone around me....especially those that I can see need it to have it, so WHY is it so hard to share? Not because I don't want to give them what I have,....mostly I guess because I am afraid they will reject it, or maybe...ask questions I don't know the answer to? I don't know??
A Sunday school teacher said something in his lesson a few weeks ago that hit me like a rock and I just can't shake it. He said, "When I get to heaven I hope there aren't too many people that I have known here during my earthly life that approach me and ask....WHY?? WHY IF YOU KNEW DIDN'T YOU TELL ME??"
I am going to try SO MUCH HARDER to share this beautiful thing that I have. I am going to try to step out of my comfort zone and tell people about the gospel. I DON'T WANT ANYONE asking me in heaven WHY IF YOU KNEW DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!





6 comments:
A lovely post.
Thank you.
Always such insight about things in your Random Thoughts Nat, thank you for sharing that. It gave me something to think about.
Amen Sista! We had a similar lesson not to long ago. I love your insight!
You rock! What a great example. Thanks for the wake up call.
Thanks for sharing, sis.
That is amazing. There is nothing like just starting to get to know someone then reading about their testimony that just makes you have so much respect! Thank you for sharing! It was wonderful! :)
Post a Comment