This past Sunday I sat in church with my handsome husband on the stand and surrounded by more four beautiful kids I couldn't help but feel that MY CUP RUNNETH O'ER! I really feel like my life is SO FULL of so many good things that it doesn't leave room for any of the evil of the world to get in!
My first good thing is Ryan. Ryan had his birthday this past week. It wasn't much of a birthday. He worked all day and had stake bishopric meetings all night. We finally got to spend some time together at about 10:30 that night. We ran to dinner in town and that was that. Ryan doesn't require alot. He is so easy to be married to. He loves me so much more than I even love myself I have discovered. Not that I have self-esteem issues....I don't.....Ryan just loves me enough for both of us! He is the best thing Heavenly Father ever gave me. (This picture is from the minute-to-win-it that we had for mutual a few weeks ago. He was in the rubberband competition. You can tell by the look on his face and the rubberband in his hand that he wasn't happy about me and my camera. Yes....he shot me! :) That's why I love him. You never know what you are going to get! You can see my beautiful baby girls cheek in this picture too. Love her also!)
The next good thing in my life is being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I LOVE being a part of something that is bigger than me....bigger than just here and now. I am so grateful to have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel on the earth. I am grateful to have answers to questions that other religions don't have. What a blessing the gospel is in my life.
Another good thing that fills my life is my family! I was sent to incredible parents and have 2 sisters and 3 brothers that are some of my very best friends. This past week my mom, my sister Arnica and I jumped in my car and zipped down to Utah to my oldest sister Jenny's house. Jenny turned 40 on Thursday.....40!! We were not going to let an opportunity like that pass us by! We showed up knocking on her door Thursday about noon and swept her away! We played all afternoon. We shopped til we dropped, we ate and ate and we went and saw the Christmas lights at Temple Square. It was JUST WHAT WE ALL NEEDED!! Jenny kept saying, "I just can't believe you are all here!" What a fun surprise!
These two are NERDS! But they are my NERDS and I sure love them!! We got to sit in the hot tub at the hotel without watching any children or without any children splashing us and begging for our attention. It was like a little piece of heaven! I am grateful to have spent that time with them and my sweet mommy!
And the last good thing...which is actual and will always actually be the first good thing in my life is my kids!! What would life be without my kids??!! Dallin has been playing basketball this Fall with his cousin JD and they love being together.
Here is my big guy D jumping the ball. What a great kid Dallin is. I was blessed with great kids all the way around!
And here are atleast 2 of the other kids. Oakley with her normal 12 year old grumpy face on. It is something we see quite often around here lately. We will be glad when she out grows that stage. Ha, ha!! :) And Rhett peaking around the tree. And then me. Not my best picture. I had to have Ryan's shirt on to put up the tree so it didn't tear my arms up and it makes it look like I have a rather big bum. I don't! Just sayin'. Laiklie is behind the camera taking the picture. They all mean the world to me!
Like I said, my cup runneth o'er!





2 comments:
Well Said!! I love moments when you can just sit back and realize just how wonderful life is. Sure makes up for all the stressful days!
love you, crazy Nerd!
Post a Comment