On July 3rd we had a special visitor to our home. Her name was Leslie and her husband Larry. Leslie's grandpa Garn built our old house! She had some pictures and information she wanted to share with us and she was in search of MORE. It was so neat to sit down with her and her sweet husband and tell them the things we knew and help them get in touch with some long lost cousins. We took them over through the house and the barns and it was so fun to listen to her memories of the place from when she was a little girl and watch her soak it all in again. I am a lover of all things history and so I absolutely loved the pictures she had of our house back when it was first built. It was so interesting to see what barns and buildings were still standing and what wasn't here anymore. I loved our visit. She came back later in the summer to drop off a treat as a thank you and update us on some more information she had found on her family. What a special lady. I am so grateful to have met her and that she was brave enough to knock on our door!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
11 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment