Just a few pictures I've taken spending time with mom and dad. The first one is proof that I still, after all these years, wear them out! :)
The second one is dad reading an article out of the Ensign to mom about the after life. We talk about death, the afterlife and funeral plans alot lately. Kind of hard subjects to keep dry eyes with.
The 3rd picture is proof that cancer doesn't win everyday! Mom finally felt good enough to go sit in her new mothers day chairs outside in the sunshine for just a little while. Yay! Such a great afternoon!
The last picture is the day I helped dad at the cemetery decorating graves alone without mom. He had a few errands to run, so Jenny stayed home with mom and I was his driver. It was a special time together. He wanted to show me where his and moms plots were and I watched as he added up the years of how long each of his parents/grandparents were alone after their spouse passed away. Such a tender morning together. This cancer stuff is no joke and it is so hard to watch my parents have to fight this fight. I'm so lucky to be able to spend so much time with them through all of this.





No comments:
Post a Comment