Friday, March 18, 2011

5th Grade Square Dance

Every year at our elementary the 5th graders put on a square dance performance. Oakley has been talking about it since they started practicing in January. She came home a couple weeks ago telling me that "today was the day we had to find our partners and we only had recess to find one or they would assign us one." This super cute, super sweet little guy named Baylor asked Oakley during recess to be his dance partner. She was so excited that someone asked her - she is so shy I know she wouldn't have asked anyone. And, she was happy it was Baylor. They were moving so much and so fast it was hard to get any good pictures....Oakley is the one in the black shirt and white skirt with her back towards us and Baylor is the blue plaid shirt.
Here are Oakley (second to end on right) and some of her best friends and all their partners.
I LOVED the square dance. They performed around 10 dances and they were all super cute!! I LOVED the words the callers used in square dancing, things like "go home with the gal you came with" and "swing the one you adore" or "promenade your little lady." It was such a fun night and she was a little sad that it was all over.

Great Job Oakley and Baylor!

3 comments:

MattandNikiJ said...

How fun! Seems like they keep doing better things every year. They never did stuff like that when I was in school. So I cant wait to see how different things are when Logan is ready for school.

Jenny said...

How fun!!! I love the little dance clip too, thanks for sharing.

Shellee said...

I LOVED the 5th grade square dance. That was one of the things Taysha said she was going to miss the most when we moved! Oakley looks so cute and so grown up. Thanks for bringing back great memories!