Thursday, March 17, 2011

Diabetic Anniversary

I can't let this St. Patricks day come and go without posting about our diabetic anniversary. It was 5 years ago today that we spent all those hours in the doctors offices with our precious little 5 year old. It was a difficult day and has been a very interesting 5 years. It was hard today to realize that Oakley has now had this disease for 1/2 her life. It breaks my heart that my sweet girl has to have this trial in her life. She is so strong and amazes us everyday as to how she just pushs through day after day not ever letting this disease slow her down. We love you like crazy Oakley and are so very blessed to live in a time that we have the modern medicine needed to care for you!

4 comments:

Echo said...

She's an inspiration. I love reading about your family...for some reason it feels like home!

Jenny said...

Shout out for Oakley: Woot, Woot, you keep going, girl!

Sabra said...

How fun. She looks darling.

Shellee said...

I will never forget that day and how many tears I shed for Oakley AND you. I am so impressed with the way you are handling this disease. You are one amazing Mom!