Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Best Day...and The Worst Day

Today was a great day for Oakley! She has been having some "friend" issues. Her best friend Taysha moved in February and then a few months ago her friend Katie moved...not far, but out of ward boundries and far enough we don't see her as often, and last week her friend Lauren moved to Arizona. She has had a rough time with all the change (mostly because she is SO SHY that it is hard for her to meet new friends.) So today was her Diabetes Day Camp and she was dragging her feet and DID NOT WANT TO GO! We got there about the same time as a girl just about her size. Her name is Marisa and her mom came right over and introduced themselves and begged for us to get them together sometime so that her little girl could have a friend that deals with diabetes on a daily basis too. Oakley was excited and her and Marisa (who looks so much like Taysha that we both about called her Taysha several times) played together the entire morning. She was so happy to come home having a new friend. Now, if the moms can just do their part and actually get them together it will be great.:)

Dallin on the other hand had a bad day today!! He went to play at his friends house and while he was gone I noticed that his frog (named Toad) had died. I felt terrible!! I kept telling him that once school started we were going to let Toad go so that he could hibernate for the winter (mostly because he would only eat LIVE flies and I didn't want to buy flies for a frog...sad I know...I am not worlds best mom!) So, atleast he had somewhat mentally prepared to say good-bye, but it definitely came sooner than he wanted.

6 comments:

Nanette said...

Oh my, how sad for Dallin. Poor guy. But I am thrilled for Oaley, how wonderful for her to have a friend that can empathize.

Heather said...

That makes me sad to read about Toad. I'm sorry. I am happy to hear that Oakley now has a friend who can understand all that she goes through. I know we never could. However, we are only 5 minutes away and Oakley has an open invitation! As well as all the rest of your cute kids. We love you guys!

Echo said...

What a good mother! I would never let a toad in my house...i don't do well with frogs...or flies for that matter!

AmyJo Denise said...

I am so glad that Oakley has found a friend! She is such a sweetheart!

And my well wishes to the toad & more so to Dallin. Although I am not a toad friendly person, it is always hard to lose an animal that you have become friends with.

Jenny said...

Glad to hear about good friends coming into Oakley's life! Sorry to Dallin. I do love the marker. :)

Arfmann Family said...

We are missing Oakley and the safety factor of knowing that kids have the same values and knowing all the moms of the friends. Tell Oakley we are thinking of you guys. Poor Dallin... I love the head stone. and cute pics and background on your blog. I don't even know how to change the background and my camera can't download pictures yet because I don;t have my computer stuff set up yet. I'll call you this weekend.
Missing you all! Looby could really wear her swim suit everywhere and all day every day here. Venture out and come visit. The kids would have a blast in our pool.