Monday, August 24, 2009

Can You Believe It??

Here it is: THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!! ah!!!!
I can't believe it is already here. This summer was a weird one because of the weather, so I just feel like we didn't get as much fun play time as most summers. The kids were excited for this day to come...and I must admit that it was time. They have been fighting this past week and are ready to play with someone besides their siblings. This was the first - first day of school - that we had to wear jackets. It is rainy and chilly here and kind of weird for August.
One funny thing - yesterday our family had to speak in sacrament meeting...Dallin came busting into the kitchen yesterday morning and hugged me and said, "TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!" I said, "No, today is the day we get to go to church and give our talks." Oh...if you all could have seen the disappointment on his face...talks in sacrament meeting are SO NOT AS COOL as the first day of school.:)

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Dallin is so funny! I hope he always loves school as much as he does right now. I can't believe how grown up they are.

Jenny said...

Were you as excited as they were? I folded laundry and made my bed, just happy to be doing housework for a minute. :) Silly, I know.