So, we survived our FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL. Dallin is very disappointed that he has gone through an entire week and STILL NO HOMEWORK! Funny man. He got to spend the afternoon with his dad and grandpa yesterday pouring concrete in a grain bin. He is turning into pretty good help. I think he was gone 5 hours and was so excited when he got home to tell me that his dad paid him $1.00 to help for the day! So...he is also very cheap labor.:) He said thank you to Heavenly Father last night and again this morning for helping his dad. He finds joy in the little things! He lost ANOTHER tooth this week and looks a little funny with no teeth!
Oakley has also made it through the week with no homework. She did have to practice how to spell all "32" kids in her classes names for the spelling test today. Can you believe 32 kids. I about died. They are packed right into the classroom. I went in on Monday and talked to the 4th graders about diabetes. The talk went great. They are growing up to the point they understand things better. When I went and talked to them in 1st grade about diabetes one of the girls raised her hand and asked, "Is diabetes like the diarrhea?" Oakley looked at me like...am I going to get the diarrhea too! :) They have grown alot since then and asked some very good questions this year!!
Rhett had a mystery fever to start yesterday and then it turned into a hurty belly. I am sure it is the same thing Oakley had the week before that made us head in to get IV's. Rhett laid on the couch all afternoon telling me his belly hurt....but, NEVER THREW-UP! Can I get a WAHOO for no throw-ups.:)
Laiklie has all of the sudden discovered some naughty words (poopyhead) from her brother and she has been saying them so often she may end up with some soap in her mouth! The best news with Laiklie is that we have actually done 2 full days this week in REAL CLOTHES...no swimsuit! I told Ry that maybe by Fall she will be willing to wear pants!
We are all doing great. I do have to have a minor (I am praying it is as minor as I am hoping) surgery on Monday. I have had two failed hernia surgeries - years ago and now I am having problems with them. The doc wants to open me up and take out whatever stitches and mesh I have in me. Sounds fun! The best part is he says he isn't going to sew me up...he just wants me to heal from the inside out. YUCK...DOUBLE YUCK! Ryan is a little upset that I am having it the same day as HUNTING SEASON opens. He and his brother have been counting down the days since January.:) I am putting a little bit of a damper on it...oh well...I think he will survive.:)
Ryan has been cutting grain and is nearing the end. He listed off 4 fields today that he has left...they have had delays because of wet grain. He is so busy that a little delay is probably a good thing. He has been practicing with his bow because this is his first year at bow hunting. He is excited because he drew on an EXTRA deer tag...that means he can shoot two deer and one elk this year. I told him that I AM NOT HANGING ANYTHING ELSE ON MY WALL so not to shoot a big one.:)
So...there's our update!!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
11 months ago





6 comments:
Bobby just ordered his second dear tag as well. I'm a little nervous for him because it's his first bow hunting year too. I just don't want any sad men hanging around.
Hooray for no throw ups!
Isn't it good to be back in the swing of things and busy? It's a good busy. :) I laughed about your surgery and the deer hunting. Sounds like my husband. boo hoo! ;) I hope it all goes well and you heal quickly. Have a great weekend!
How exciting you have such a fun little family! I hope all goes well with your surgery. Tell Ryan good luck :)!
Wa-hoo! (You asked for it.) Love you! Hope your surgery goes well. You will be in my prayers, sis.
Natalie,
I am so sorry to hear about your hernia problems! I didn't know you were still having problems with those. And I have never heard of healing like that. Kept us updated on that. I hope it all goes well.
I was just thinking of Lakilie and her swim suit obsession the other day. She so funny and so darn cute.
By the way...we must have got what Oakley had. (well not directly from you guys) Hunter threw up about 10 times during the night!
Natalie, you stinker! I did not know you had to have surgery. What can I do to help?! Sounds like your kids enjoyed the first week like mine did. I'm so glad!Good luck with the surgery tomorrow and I'll be calling.
Post a Comment