Saturday, August 1st was Oakley's 9th birthday. I can't believe it has been 9 whole years since I first held my sweet girl. She is still as beautiful as the first time I saw her. She is so strong and never ceases to amaze us. She is very tender hearted and always wants everyone around her to be happy. She is as soft spoken as they come. She has been nothing but a blessing in our lives.
We spent Thursday at Preston's Carnival and Friday at their Famous Night Rodeo watching her cousin Tyce ride a sheep. We had so much fun and she seemed to think the whole weekend was a birthday party just for her!
Oakley and her cousin Ali frosted and decorated the cake. They were so proud of the finished product.:)
And of course there were lots and lots of presents to open. You can tell by the smile she was not disappointed.
I had an extremely hard delivery trying to bring Oakley into the world. The nurses let me push for 3 hours...and the doctor was furious when he showed up at lunch and found out. He immediately started to help me. Oakley was stuck and it took me pushing, 2 nurses on my bed pushing on my stomach and 2 different kinds of vacuums on her head to finally deliver her. Because of the hard delivery they took her right away to check her out and so when they brought her too me I could not believe the gift my Heavenly Father had given me. The very first time I looked into my sweet babies face I realized what ETERNITY really was. I had no idea that you could love someone so much. The love I felt for her 9 years ago has only grown stronger. I can't imagine life without her. She is definitely one of my most prized possessions.
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
11 months ago





3 comments:
Glad to see you all last weekend! Hope Jake is being good! Happy Birthday, Oakley!
Oh my! How lovely! I'm all teary.
Happy birthday Oakley! I remember coming to the hospital and seeing you and thinking you already had that motherly look to you. Happy
Birthday to you too!!! Let me know how 30 feels!! I am terrified. Just kidding!!! Happy Birthday!
Love ya - Sher
Post a Comment