Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer Soccer

My boys played soccer this summer. This is the first year that Oakley decided not to play...which actually worked out great because we felt like we were running constantly to practices and games with just two kids - I can't imagine if we would have had all three playing.
This was Rhett's first year playing. (I didn't realize how fuzzy this picture was until it was already uploaded. Sorry!!) He did really well. At this age they just play 3 on 3 and don't have a goalie so the kids can just get experience kicking the ball up and down the field and making goals. Our favorite was the game that Rhett made 3 goals. He loved telling everyone that he made 3 goals...two for his team and one for the other team.:)
This was Dallin's 3rd year playing soccer. He loves it! He is getting to where he understands the game really well now, but Dallin is not a very aggressive person and so he just waits for the ball to come to him instead of getting in the crowd and fighting for it. I am sure alot of that comes with age and so we know that he will continue to improve every season.
It was so much fun watching the boys play this summer and I have to admit I am relieved to be FINISHED.

No comments: