Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Precious Moments...

So, being a mom I know that most moms recognize precious moments as...our babies first step, or the first "mama" or the first day of kindergarten or a first dance recital, but last night I discovered a NEW PRECIOUS MOMENT.
Ryan showed up at about 8:30pm and I told him to take over and I was running to get my coupon deals for the week before the sale ended at midnight...so off I went. I jumped in the car and instantly turned off the DVD player and turned on the radio - real songs, not the "wheels the bus" stuff I am use to - and blasted it as loud as I could handle...and I sang the words that I did know...and most of the ones that I didn't know.:) As I was driving this RUNAWAY song came on (that I love but can't find on playlist so I can't share - YET) and I suddenly felt this FREEDOM!! It is the same feeling you feel as a teenager when you get to drive the car alone for the first time and the same freedom you feel at college when you stay out WAY TOO LATE and your parents don't know and you don't have to tell them. I had this amazing...precious moment...of just being me all alone with no worries about anything....and........I was just going to the grocery store! I guess in life we can find precious moments in just about anything!

11 comments:

Landon&Shauna said...

Nat YOU are to cute! I'm glad you still have your moments :)!

Jessica Taylor Blaine said...

Been there! Crazy that going to the store by ourselves is freedom.I am glad we get that sometimes.
Jessica

Echo said...

I love that precious moment! (It is way better than the precious moments I spend locked in the bathroom for no apparent reason other than to be by myself!) We were driving to Wal-Mart yesterday, the family, and Coda wanted to play "I Spy". My selfish-mommy comment was, "I don't want to play right now. I want to sit here and be an adult, and think adult things for five minutes." Immediately his next comment was "mom lets find words" (he is starting to read) so of course I had to play. I think we need to enjoy the "kid" precious moments, but not lose ourselves. We have identities too! Right? Keep up the good mommy work!

Echo said...

oh, also, is it "Runaway" by the Corrs?

Nanette said...

It is so precious because its so very rare! I'm glad you had a chance to embrace it and just enjoy being you. We all need oportunities to celebrate ourselves. I'm going out tonight, I will be thinking of you.

Bobbi said...

Hear! Hear! I know that feeling. Wish I had it more often... :)

Jess said...

I wish that moment came more often to me. My going to the grocery store takes 45 minutes to get there if I go to Salmon so I always get to bring the kids with me-But on the rare occasion I get to even go five minutes into Leadore by meself, I take my time!!!

Arfmann Family said...

Having a moment to myself is happening less and less these days. Sometimes going to the bathroom by myself and shutting the door has been the greatest 30 second precious moment. Funny how we get so lame a little privacy makes a huge difference.

Sabra said...

Been there, done that! Glad to know someone feels the SAME way!

Heather said...

You are so right. Those moments we get when we feel like our real selves and don't have to play the mommy role for a minute are precious! That is one of my favorite things to do when I need a break, go drive and CRANK IT UP! You are awesome!

Tanille said...

LOL!! I totally getcha!! Alone trips to the grocery store or even just to the bank are AMAZING!! Then the next thing you know your cell phone is ringing and you look down and it is your husband. Then, when you answer it you hear a screaming baby right up to the phone!!! Stress free time OVER. THen i am hurrying to finish up and speed home to feed my baby!!! Dang it!!! :) Being a mom is great though, wouldn't trade it for anything!!