Monday, May 30, 2016

Calving

The boys had to be extra good help this year with calving while we finished the new house.  One night Ryan headed over to work at the house and sent the boys out to check cows.  It was taking them a long time and I was getting worried.  Just as I was about to go find them they came tromping in.  They had got out there and found one that had calved.  We calved mostly heifers this year so we had had some small calves, but nothing like the one they had found that night.  It was seriously the size of a little lamb.  Dallin picked it up and Rhett carried the flashlight and it took them several tries to get the mom to follow them into the barn, but those two little boys got the job of getting calf and mom in the warm barn done, all by themselves.  It is one of those moments where my mommy heart swells with pride for my great little hard working men.  So proud of them knowing how to do these kinds of things from watching their daddy closely.  I wish you could tell from the pictures just how little and sweet this baby calf is.  We were surprised he survived! I love that my kids get to grow up living a farm life!


No comments: