Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Yard Work

Every fall we have a neighbor that goes to Arizona for the winter and she asks the kids to come rake her leaves for her after they fall off the trees so that they don't kill the grass. This past fall we got snow so early that we didn't get the job done.....or even started in the fall.  So this spring the kids and I headed over as soon as the snow melted to rake and haul Luella's leaves.  They were wet and HEAVY and our bodies ached for days afterwards, but we did it!!
 Before and After

 We hauled load after load out to the pasture.  It is so good for the kids to learn how to work and how to work hard.  I am grateful for opportunities like this for them to serve and think of others. I am always glad when this project is finished for the year though. :)

No comments: