Thursday, November 1, 2018

Memorial Day + Grandma Jakes Birthday

We love celebrating Memorial Day with cousins and family. I love taking my kids to the cemeteries with my parents. I love that my dad tells stories of each ancestor as we clean their head stones. I love learning of those who came before me. 
Another favorite part of Memorial Day is the picnic at Aunt Lanae's. This year we combined my Grandma Jacobson's 90th birthday party with the memorial day party. I love seeing my grandma. It is so hard to watch her get older and especially watch her lose her memory, but I love seeing her smile! I was able to put together a memory book from all the kids/grandkids for my grandma for her birthday just like the one I made for grandpa. I love that I was given that opportunity.  I got to read what everyone loved and remembered about her. I laughed and cried as I put it together. Such a priceless treasure! Lanae had some fun games based on my grandma's life. It was neat learning some things about her we didn't know. We of course had the usual treasure hunt and high jump games for the kids as well.  Such a great day to be together celebrating life and those who came before us! 





No comments: