I got to help with the Senior All Night Party. It was so fun to be at Fatcats with Oakley and all her friends and get to watch them celebrate graduating. They are such a great group of kids. At the end of the night when they were drawing for the millions of raffle prizes Oakley's name was called enough times we finally started telling them to give things to someone else if her name was drawn. She won a TV, a water speaker, an itunes gift card, a jamba juice gift card....and I think at that point we told them to stop calling her name. :) Such a fun night!
The very next morning Oakley had to be at the diabetic center at 8am for a 6 hour blood draw for a trial study they were paying her for. Her and I both were exhausted and slept through most of the 6 hours. The poor nurses just came and took her blood every 15 mins while we slept.
*Just a quick story on the blood draw......Right after Oakley made the tour team to go to Italy we told her she had to pay for 1/2 the trip. The total was due in May and so she wrote her check for $1200 and gave it to the tour instructors. The very next day I got a call from the diabetic center telling me they were just starting a new trial study and where Oakley was almost 18 they wondered if she would be interested in doing one more before she was too old to participate. I asked the details of the study (which required her to wear a device and do 2 of these 6 hour blood draws) then I asked how much she got paid if she participated. The lady answered, "$1200." You cannot tell me that was coincidence. I KNOW Heavenly Father had his hand in that. He knew that Oakley was blessed to have the chance to tour Italy, but that she is also getting ready to start college in the fall and would need the money to start. Heavenly Father definitely has his hand in our lives. We are so blessed!











No comments:
Post a Comment