Monday, September 21, 2015

Dallin and His Biking

This summer Dallin has been trying to earn the Cycling Merit Badge with his scout troop.  He has had to do a million different bike rides.  Two 10 milers, two 15 milers, two 25 milers and a 50 mile ride.  He did the first 10 miles with his school bike ride last year and got to count that.  Then he missed the 2nd 10 mile ride when we were out of town, so his little old mama thought I could just hurry and ride 10 miles with him, NO BIG DEAL! Ummm....it really wasn't a big deal except for the BRUISES ON MY BUTT for about 3 days afterward because of how hard my seat was!! I was just glad I did it with him so I knew how bad it really was and we ran right into Walmart and got him a padded seat before the 15 mile rides! He has finished the 15 mile rides and one of the 25 mile rides with his scout troop.  The 25 miler was up hill into the wind most of the way.  They camped out the night before and woke-up early to ride.  When he walked in the door late that afternoon he collapsed in the middle of the floor and didn't move for hours.  They have their 2nd 25 mile ride coming up this weekend.  Poor kid is way tougher than his mom for sure! I'm so proud of him!

No comments: