Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fishing!

After the party at Grandpa and Grandma Romrell's we decided to stop and grab Oakley and take the kids to the cabin fishing.  We ran out of day light fast, but had been wanting to go so bad that it didn't matter to us!
 My 5 FAVORITE PEOPLE in one of my FAVORITE PLACES!
  Dale showed up as it was getting dark and so Ryan and him and I got to talking there on the dam as the kids fished.  I kept telling the kids just one more cast as we talked and all of the sudden on one of Rhett's "just one more cast" he felt the tug of a fish! Ryan and Dale coached him through reeling this 9 POUND BEAUTY in! He did it all by himself! Just what he needed!!
 I know this picture of Rhett is fuzzy, but I LOVE this picture of Ryan! You can see pure joy on his face!! And I just can't get enough of EITHER of those smiles!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

 It was SO HEAVY he had a hard time holding it up one handed.
 The rule around here is You catch it, You clean it! Rhett is our one kid that doesn't like to get dirty and definitely doesn't do disgusting things.  Just trying to get him to hold the stupid fish took us 5 minutes of talking! So for him to be brave and clean it was amazing! He did a great job! Grandma Hawkins fried this big beauty up and we had a feast.  Thanks grandma for that and thanks grandpa for keeping fish in your lake!

No comments: