On the afternoon of November 14th I was subbing the Kindergarten at the school when I got a phone call from Ryan saying, "I'm going to need a ride to the ER in about 10 mins!" Luck for me the bell was ringing in about 10 minutes. As soon as the kids were out the door I jumped in my car and headed home. I found Ryan in the laundry room with his pants around his ankles and one boot still on with his head on the counter and he was crying. I knew this was something serious! So I helped him get out of his pants/boot and into some sweats and we headed to the ER. After a CT scan it showed that he had hernias on both sides. One had been pinched off, but in the time it took to get to the ER and wait for a doctor to see him it had eased up and he was no longer in pain. So we went home and called the next morning to schedule a double hernia surgery.
*One quick sidenote on this story....This happened on a Thursday and I had committed to sub for that same kindergarten class through to the next Thursday for a teacher who had also had surgery that morning. I was in a little bit of a secret panic (I didn't want Ryan to know) because I am one of those people that if I say I'm going to do something, I do it! So I prayed like crazy and thanks to a tender mercy of the Lord, Ryan's appointments and surgery all lined up in just a way that allowed me to keep both my subbing commitments for before and after surgery. I'm thankful for the little things in our lives that the Lord is aware of.






No comments:
Post a Comment