Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Christmas 2018

Oh I LOVE Christmas! I look forward to it all year. I hate that it comes and goes so quickly, so I try to soak it all in as much as I can. This year my mom and dad stayed the night Christmas Eve and were here when we opened presents Christmas morning. It was so fun to have them here and I think they liked being with family on Christmas day. 
The kids had a great day. Oakley got a printer for college, tons of make-up and a lighted mirror for her apartment plus a million clothes/boots. Dallin got headlights for his truck, a new phone and a coat/snow pants. Rhett got a blow-up air mat for gymnastics, a new phone and snowpants. Laiklie got a mannequin head to do hair and make-up on, lots of make-up and a ton of new clothes/boots. They all got those gifts plus many many more! We had a great Christmas and a great Christmas break.
I am so thankful for the birth of the Savior of the world that we get to celebrate each year. Each year I commit to trying harder to do better about having that giving spirit all year long instead of just at Christmas time. This year in October at general conference the prophet asked the women of the church to read their Book of Mormon before the end of the year. I was in Helaman when he asked and so I hated starting over when I was so close to the end. So I hurried and finished, started over and finished again. I finished the 2nd time just before Christmas. What a blessing to be able to read the Book of Mormon two times in such a short amount of time. I love that book. We are blessed to live in a time when we have it on the earth. It made Christmas very special this year!











No comments: