Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Dad's Poem Reading

On December 5th I got invited by my parents to come out to Dubois to a poem reading at their little library by my dad. Laiklie decided last minute to skip gymnastics and go with me. They had a chili feed, a tree lighting ceremony, cookies and Santa and then my dad did his poem reading. It was FREEZING that night so they didn't have a huge turnout, but it was so fun to see familiar faces I haven't seen in a long time. Laiklie and I helped anyone who wanted to purchase one of his books before and after his reading. It was a neat thing to be a part of.
Also, since his birthday was the next day we ran over to their house afterwards for cake. We had him open the present from us that night while we were there. My dad loves puzzles. We had 2 of Rhett's pictures turned into puzzles. One of the temple and one of a sunset. Such a fun personalized gift. He loved it. 





No comments: