On December 21st Oakley had her wisdom teeth out. I couldn't believe how fast they did it. She was only back there for about 40 mins. They did have to try twice to get her IV in. She told them her other arm was the better vein, but since they had already got things ready they tried the wrong arm first and weren't successful so they had to switch to the good arm. She's had this happen over and over again with IV's, so it's kind of her usual. After she was finished it took 2 of us to walk her to the car. Her legs were like jello. Hahaha! They gave us a free jamba card and wanted us to get that and some pain meds in her. On the way to Jamba Juice I asked what kind of jamba she wanted. She kept putting her hands in a cupping shape. I seriously couldn't figure out what she wanted. I finally was able to figure out she wanted a breakfast bowl. I had to explain to her she had to have something she could drink, not eat. It took me several tries with the gauze in her mouth to figure out what kind of jamba she wanted. The drugs made her giggle uncontrollably. I couldn't stop laughing at her laughing. So funny how anesthetic affects people differently. She swole up quickly and had a funny bruise on one of her cheeks. She also had a random stitch in between two of her back teeth, but she actually healed really well. Glad to have one kid down....3 kids to go!
Jenny's 90 Minute Rolls
1 year ago









No comments:
Post a Comment