Monday, January 7, 2019

Grandma Jake


This summer they moved my grandma from her home in Swan Valley to an assisted living center. She just can't remember anything which makes it extremely hard for her to take care of herself.  Her brother Theron was living at the same assisted living facility and she did remember him so they thought it would be a good move. She's done pretty good there. She's so lonely. She doesn't realize she's not alone anymore and struggles. It is heartbreaking.  I was able to run up and visit her on November 8th and lucked out that her and Theron were eating lunch together when I got there.  Theron hadn't been feeling well and hadn't been out of his room in quite awhile I guess.  It was so good to visit. Grandma doesn't remember all the stories she used to so there isn't alot to talk about, but I sure love being with her.  Just a few days after our visit I found out that Theron passed away.  I was so grateful I went up that day.  Theron didn't say much, but he did flash me that crooked smile he has and I was glad to see it.  What a blessing it is to know the people we came from. I love my grandma and the many many stories she has shared with me over the years. I'm blessed to be almost 40 years old and still have her. 


No comments: